March 1, 2014

Writing a Book? Oh My!

I kept having dreams about being in a gathering of people, needing to get something done, or clean up a big mess.  Everyone in the dream, including me, seemed not to be interested in engaging in the project.  They were just relaxing and usually eating. There was always a feeling that it was my responsibility to clean up or organize the stacks of whatever was lying about.  It felt overwhelming to me without someone's help.  Yet I knew the responsibility was mine.  Dreams tell us a lot about what is going on in the subconscious mind.  Information that is helpful in self discovery.

For the past fifteen years I keep hearing people request that I write a book about some of the things I've learned and philosophies I've obtained as a result of my Spiritual path.  I finally attempted preparing to write in 2010, and noticed a lot of resistance showing up within me as I gathered my myriad notes.  

It feels overwhelming because of how detailed I tend to be.  Then my head goes wild with stories about who would bother to read it after putting so much time and effort into it?  Will it be so detailed, people will be bored with it?  Who do I think I am to write a book?  

Success seems pretty frightening to most human beings. At the same time, the desire to pay forward the many pearls I've received from others who took the time to share what was given them, urges me on.  The encouragement from those who treasure those pearls in their lives speaks to me as well.  My intention is to write about the natural process of Life on Earth as I experience, and perceive it. 

I noticed myself doing a lot of avoidance drifting, allowing everything else to distract me, i.e. eating, visitors, video games, TV, or creating time consuming issues trying to clean up other projects so I can focus on this one.  Does any of this sound familiar?
1950 seven months old

With the assistance of my amazing soul sister, Marinna Siri, www.TheCoreInitiative.com  I came to realize the mess in the dream represented all the information I have been gathering since 2010, in preparation for my book. She also assisted me in recognizing a birth pattern of being stuck in the moment I am ready to launch a project.  Very similar to my own birth experiences.  
At my own birth, Mother was afraid to birth me with no assistance. Dad was out fetching the doctor 50 miles away.   She was all alone and I was coming fast.   They arrived barely in time to catch me.   
Then, giving birth to my babies, I experienced long and hard laboring with very little progress.   Sometimes the outcome was fraught with complications and/or 
complete failure.  

Completions free up my energies. Get going!

No comments:

Post a Comment